Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chops pretending to be roast



Another Sunday another roast.. well kind of.. I had to do some shooting today and I didn't have a roast in the fridge to roast so had to make do with what was buried in the deep freeze..lucky me, I found some 1 1/2 inch thick pork chops off the bone.  Once thawed, (90%) I did a quick dry rub and put them in a 350F oven as shown, pretending that it was an uncut roast again.  That was it..45 min later I shut off oven and covered and let them coast for another 20 in the cooling oven. Similar to slow cooking were you can just leave and do something else but this is a lot quicker to the table. I went and worked on editing from my afternoon shoot.
The rub was a combination of garlic powder, paprika, onion salt, sea salt and ground pepper. What I forgot to show here is what really set the pork off nicely, some Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Sauce.. just as we were sitting down I remembered that I had gotten it out to use.  About 12 years ago I shot some of their product and I became a believer.  Costco sold large quart containers of their whole berry relish last thanksgiving and I froze about half for later..so it was the freezer saving my Sunday roast.  You reap what you sow...so stock your freezer with good stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment