Friday, June 6, 2014

Co-existence of Reds




I learned many things at the Spy Valley Memorial Day Lobster & Lamb feast..here are the first 2 that come to mind.

1.  Their Pinot Noir goes down great with grilled half Lobsters marinated with garlic and olive oil.
2.  Lobsters are an orange shade of red, even when cooked and Pinot Noir is a purple shade of red.

 I suppose I already knew No.2 but I have not had the occasion to put them side by side to really see the difference and appreciate the range what we call "red" has. I have tended to avoid orange-red and purple-red together visually but taste wise, it works for me…just another boundary broken.

Now the question.. Why aren't these profound thoughts.. let alone the pictures, not in Food&Wine?
I will work on that puzzle over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment