Thursday, April 24, 2014

Grazing in the Midwest











Graze in Madison, Wiconsin.  As the name implies they are part of the farm-to-table movement and wow I did some serious grazing here.  First time to Madison, first time having a house lemonade that blew me away, a seasonal mix of lemon, ginger and rhubarb.  First time to try deep fried pickles..yeah I know, I have been in a cave. They do their own pickles there..that is so hard-core.
I was impressed with the college town / state capital combo in Madison..a toned down and accessible version of the vibrant but sometimes too edgy Brooklyn, or maybe that is just my midwestern roots showing.  I also ordered and enjoyed their brisket sliders spiked with kim chee. The interior dining space has a great open feel, 18ft floor to ceiling wall of windows with the capital building towering out front. I was there for a mid day lunch and as you can see there was lots-o-light.  I don't do reviews…but I guess I just did.. I liked it and wish I could go back to land-o-lakes and try all they offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment