Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Craft beers

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

American beer is in full renaissance, ale, lager, stout, wheat, etc..
The first wave was the microbrewery movement of the 90's and California was ground zero giving me first hand knowledge of many of the small start-up brews... some of which have grown to be not-so-micro.  Now we are into the Craft beer era and I say bring it on.  The movement has been toward the meatier brews..pale ales to heavy full stouts, with bitters and rye in the mix. Brooklyn, Hudson Valley, are all perking with new brews... I just learned today of a couple more breweries that have started in the last year or so north of Manhattan, both in the Bronx.  I intend to track them down and giv'em a go.  There is something very autumnal about a good full ale..so I say bring them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment